Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Cookie Day Memory

Here is one of my lovely nieces, Iris, wearing my clown hat on Cookie Day this year....it was early in December, a much warmer day than normal (note her shorts and my hot, red face from the oven!)....it is now bitterly cold here in Austin and I am cozy here in the house, baking pork chops and potatoes and looking over all the pictures from this most happy holiday time. I am still sad that I have no boyfriend kinda guy in my life and can only cuddle my dog-baby, Viva, on these cold nights, but I am so lucky to have my darling friends and they share their adorable babies with me and I get to do theater and have the good fortune to sing and entertain people when I can...so, pretty good times.
The best part of Christmas was watching my seven year old niece, Jane, opening her stocking, and she would shout over to her sisters, "Look! Look! I got candy!" then, "Look! Look! I got a starfish ornament!" and then, most excited of all, "Look! Look! I got an orange!!!!!"
I agree with Jane, it is the little things, like the orange, that bring me great happiness. I hope my mother will soon email me the photos of Jane's Christmas morning smiles for me to post here....

No comments: